Monday, June 14, 2010

What's your 'ritual'?

Many families have a night-time routine, a familiar pattern the child expects as they go to sleep. Is prayer a part of your ritual?  Even before a child is old enough to pray, you can send them off to sleep with a blessing. Simply trace the sign of the cross on your child's forehead or over their heart and pray one of these blessings (or make up your own):
  • May God bless you.
  • May God be with you.
  • God be in your heart.
  • May God bless and protect you.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!!! Will add that to our night time prayers!!! Every night before bed, I lead my wife and 2 year old (we kneel, sit and how ever still possible my 2 year can manage) in pray for the needs of others (all the prayer request we are aware of and can remember) and then in unison we pray, "Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray to the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake. I pray to the Lord my soul to take. God bless Mommy, God bless Daddy, God Bless Kyle, Baby Kenny, all our relative and everybody. Blessed Virgin Mary, all the Angels and Saints in Heaven pray for us. Amen."

    ReplyDelete